The ladies that work at Daytona State College with Chris have had a tradition for 15+ years and this year Harper got the invite for this fun day!
It starts by sending Cindy our 3 recipes and she does all the shopping; there were a total of 6 of us there so you can imagine how much shopping Cindy does to have all the ingredients ready to go! We arrive at Kim's house around 8am and then we bake all day, drink mimosas, listen to Christmas music and taste cookies!!
It is such a special tradition they have started and I just really enjoy getting to spend quality time with them. This year we were spoiled even more because Kim had a massage therapist come to her house and we each were given 30 minute massages!!! Yes, that's right!!
So I walk into Kim's house at 8am with Harper, to see her dining table and counters covered with baking ingredients, coffee brewing, christmas music playing, mimosas, then Harper is showered with extra little gifts, Alison brings everyone a Christmas wine glass (she saved the one decorated with "Hope" on it), I got a massage and while I was getting my massage I could hear everyone going nuts over Harper has she was smiling for them and spent most of the day munching on cookies. Oh, and Shannon had ordered lunch so we had yummy wraps ready for lunch. Yes, it was a magical day!
I can home with 22 different types of cookies totally about 200 cookies! Delicious!!
 |
| It's all about the outfit! |
 |
| Off to Cookie day! (Thanks to my aunt Jan for this Naughty/Nice bib) |
 |
| Cindy and Harper |
 |
| Shannon and Harper |
 |
| Everyone and our mess! |
 |
| Katie and Harper |
 |
| Harper taking a little snooze after some baking! |
No comments:
Post a Comment