Thursday, December 27, 2012

So Blessed


From the pregnancy to the birth we have been so blessed with health for Harper and I.  Now we are home and are so blessed to have family here with us to help!  Harper has been a great eater and sleeper from the very beginning, which has made things so much easier on Chris and I.
More things I didn't know about was what the days were like physically after giving birth.  Youser!!  Luckily, I had Sarah, Lucy and my mom in town and of course Chris who is so incredibly helpful!  Sarah was the one who took care of things for me that I didn't even know I needed, but she did since she has a 4, 3 and 1 year old.  It was so awesome and I would have been screwed without her!  Then my mom was waiting on me every minute and kept making sure I had everything I needed.  Lucy was ready to hold Harper at any minute and Chris was as usual my rock! 
While Sarah and Lucy were still in town, we had a mini-birthday party for our November birthday people, Harper, 11/1, Sarah 11/5 and Chris 11/17!  I really love Scorpios...apparently!
Sarah and Lucy were so sweet and helpful while they were here and 3 days after Harper was born they headed back home to Texas.   Luckily, my mom was in town for another week!!
That first week while my mom was in town, I felt incredibly good.  We would do one activity everyday including a trip to Target, Sams, Harper newborn pics, etc.  It was so awesome to have my mom here to help me figure out how the heck to function as a mom myself.  Like how do I get in and out of the car?  How do I carry Harper in stores?  How do I plan around Harper's schedule? Etc... I have the best example and best mom and just having time with her was wonderful!  My mom did laundry, dishes, cooked, cleaned the house and was just awesome! 
On the day my mom left town, Chris mom came in town for the day.  I felt so lucky to have both of our moms here at the same time because I just felt like Harper was surrounded with people who loved her the most!
So within 4 days of Harper's birth she had met both grandmas, an aunt and a cousin...not bad for living in Florida away from everyone!
We had a couple of days with no visitors and then Jennie and Kilian came to town!  It was another wonderful trip and Jennie is one of the most helpful people I know.  My house has never been cleaner!  I took a nap and woke up to my closet organized, laundry done, dinner cooking and kitchen spotless...can't ask for anything more!!  Jennie and I had a great time and had a few laughs as we were both sitting on the couch nursing our babies!  I remember Sarah went to visit Jennie after she had Kilian and Sarah brought Hank with her; now just a months later Kilian is the "big" cousin coming to visit the newborn cousin!!
Next in line was my dad!  I loved having my dad here and luckily he was here for Thanksgiving!!  During his visit I was able to prepare Thanksgiving dinner including a brined turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, brussell sprouts, rolls, apple pie! Yum!  
My dad was also super helpful and got lots of great snuggle time with Harper!  He spoiled us as always, cleaned the house, helped Chris with projects and he and Chris managed to play a couple of rounds of golf!!  We live on a golf course and my dad is totally obsessed with golf so he would run out to the back and play the par 3 that our house is on.  He loved doing that and watching all the golfers throughout the day.  I loved that he enjoyed the time here and was able to golf...his favorite! 
So back to the title of this post...SO BLESSED!!  I really think the experience post baby would have been completely different without the help of my family.  They helped me mentally, physically and emotionally and basically allowed me to focus on myself and Harper for the first month.  THANK YOU!!

Mixed in with the wonderful first...first bath, first doctor's appointment, first walk, photography session, etc, Chris and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary on November 10th so we went on our first date as parents while my mom stayed with Harper.  
November birthday celebration!

At home with my girl!

Ready for our first neighborhood walk

Silly, sweet Lucy and grammie

My mom posing with Harper, as the photographer
snapped shots of Harper!

Harper's first doctor's appointment.  Gained 3 pounds in
first month!  Weird by product of that is that doctor
and nurses congratulate you and your boobs...weird!





First bath...this was a team effort and Harper loved it!
No tears!

Snuggly little duck!

5 year anniversary!  How cute is Chris?!


My two favorite girls!
Harper, Candy-Nan & Grammie! One loved baby!

Cousin stare-off

Kilian was 7.5 months, Harper 3 weeks

Papa Newt held Harper every chance he got

Good sleeping buddies!

This baptism gown has been worn by every member
of my mom's side of the family.  It was made by Harper's
great great grandma using her wedding dress and was worn by Harper's
 great grandma, Gram, who is 94!

Thanksgiving Dinner!

My two main squeezes

What a month!






2 comments:

  1. What special moments!!! I love reading back through it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan Harper is so precious!!! I love reading through the whole story :)

    ReplyDelete