Thursday, December 27, 2012

First Visitors!

It's game time!!  I knew when our first visitors came in town that Harper's arrival was upon us!  Not only was I thrilled to have Sarah and Lucy in town, but it meant that Harper would be coming so soon too!  Sarah and Lucy came in town Saturday night, but stopped by DisneyWorld on Sunday and then came to us on Sunday and we got them for a full week!  It was so awesome to have them here!  Sarah worked on Monday and Tuesday training our newest franchise owner in Jacksonville, FL, which was so awesome for me that Sarah continued to take over the main and most tasks for Tippi Toes, while I prepared for baby Harper.  Also, it was awesome because that meant I got special time with Lucy!  Lucy and I hung out on Monday together, watched shows, played make believe, colored, wrote notes to each other, etc.  She is so sweet and we have a blast.  Then on Tuesday I started feeling a little strange so Chris came home early and that afternoon was one of my favorites.  Chris, Lucy and I went for a walk (to try to stop or intensify my contractions), then we came home put a blanket down under our grapefruit tree and just had a blast!  Lucy was busy picking grapefruits combined with climbing on Unc.  It was so fun!
My contractions had started up so everyone was home with me on Wednesday, which also happened to be Halloween and the day that Chris and I were scheduled to go to the hospital in the evening for my induction.  That evening Sarah and I went trick or treating with Lucy who was a cute pink skeleton.  We had a great time and the reaction I would get from neighbors about the fact I was going to the hospital in a few hours was great.  "Oh wow, when are you due?" "Well, actually I'm going to the hospital tonight!" "Oh my gosh! Holy cow!  Congratulations."  Then it was usually followed with a story of their own delivery and in one instance a doctor was called to the door by his family so he could tell me how many babies he delivered.  Weird and entertaining.
So after trick or treating, Chris and I got our stuff together and headed out the door to go have our baby girl!
Goodbye to Diddy

A hug to my little Lucy

Unc got a hug too

Packed and headed to the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment