Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Showered with Love!

I was completely overwhelmed by a perfect shower thrown by my sisters, Jen and my mom in Tulsa!!  I had been anxiously waiting for the shower because it was a weekend with all of my favorite people and the weekend far exceeded my expectations!
I knew very little about the shower and Jennie, Sarah, Jen and my mom planned it all perfectly!  They had my favorite foods, delicious drinks, closest family and friends and all the colors were grey, orange and pink which is what Harper's room will be decorated with.  There were tons of details making the shower perfect and I felt so loved, supported and even more excited about Harper!  I loved talking about Harper with all of my friends and seeing the joy and hope just the thought of her brought others was just fantastic.
I am so lucky to have a mom, sisters and a best friend that did so much to make a perfect shower for Harper and I!  Sarah and her entire family drove to Tulsa from Corpus Christi, Jen drove by herself all the way from Chicago and Jennie drove with her family from St Louis, none of that is easy or simple and all of them did that without batting an eye or even complaining about what a pain that must have been!  They were all just happy to celebrate, party and talk about Harper!
Here are some pics from the shower!
The perfect hostess posse!

Mandy Kraft, Lauren Rew and Natalie Whitehead...all
our hubbies played baseball at OSU together.

Lucy and I

Lucy & Ella loving on Harper!

One of my favorite gifts!  Thank you Jen & Kate!
There is a front half to that golden piggy!

Lesson from Jennie on how nursery bras and nightgowns work!
Crazy!

Such a cute invite!

We may be in Florida, but Harper will be an honorary Oklahoman!

Shot of the group!  All of whom I've known and loved
for most of my life! So lucky!

The cute clothes and outfits were to die for!  This bikini is
from Beth and Elaine!  

The adorable cake!

Elaine flew from NJ for Miss Harper's
shower which was also on her birthday!
Harper will just love her Candy Nan!
Aunt Beth couldn't come because she is
expecting her second little boy at the end of September!

Love is in the details!

Ash, my college room-mate who has 3 of
her own girls!  We don't get to see each other
often, but I always love being with her!

Perfection!

Yummy!!!

More love for Harper and Fave from
Lucy and Lola!

Lucy couldn't get enough
of Harper.  I loved it!

Sarah working her tail off getting ready for the shower! 
Grammie & Lola prepping the flowers!



Jen and the Nuse kiddos!  They fell in love with Jen!

Jen did all the drinks and of course found the coolest glasses, drinks, etc

One of my favorite gifts from Andee and John Forrest!
Andee's mom does beautiful embroidery and got us this precious
bag, 2 Harper onesies and a burp cloth, among other things!
Spoiled!

Everyone pitched in for the shower!

2 comments:

  1. loved that weekend so much - only missing one person - UNC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect shower!You look fabulous!! So sad I missed it :(

    ReplyDelete