Friday, August 31, 2012

Scary Moments

Pregnancy is no joke!  As I am coming into the home stretch there have been new things to get used to like more grunting as I get up and in and out of bed, using my elbows to help me get up out of a comfy chair and other silly little things, that I just never have experienced.
Well, along with that was a scary morning for Chris and I earlier this week.

I woke up early like 5:30 on Tuesday and thought it would be great to go watch the sunrise.  Chris is an early riser, so he was all in!  I grabbed a bowl of sugary cereal (don't normally eat this, but it was an area I loosed up with in the past week) and OJ and we headed to the beach.  It was a beautiful morning and it was about 6:40am before the 7am sunrise.  We walked hand in hand on the beach for about a block or so until we came up to a house that had steps leading on the beach, so we decided to sit there to watch the sunrise.

After about 10 minutes of sitting and chatting, I started feeling horrible.  Light-headed, uncomfortable and not right.  I told Chris right away and tried to change my position as I was sitting, but nothing helped.  Chris said, well let's go back to the car.  I told him I couldn't make it back to the car.  I stood up to try to see if that helped and the last thing I remember was leaning forward on Chris and putting my head on his chest.

Apparently, from there I went limp and my eyes rolled back in my head and my head fell back.  Luckily, Chris was holding on to me and lowered me down to the sand.  Then as I was on my butt and Chris was trying to talk to me as he dialed 911, I started to vomit, which went all over my face, eyes, ears, etc (gross)!!

He laid me all the way down and turned me to the side, ripped off his shirt and started wiping me off and saying, "Stay with me babe!" over and over.  That is what I remember waking up to; Chris' voice saying that.

Right away, I knew he had to be totally freaked out so I said, "I'm ok, I'm ok" and then just sat there for a bit until I felt like I could get up.

Needless to say, it was horribly intense for Chris, but thank God he was there and took care of me.  I really felt fine afterwards, so we didn't go to the hospital and just talked to my doctor who also made us feel better.  Once Harper moved that morning, I felt much better too.

Long story short, the combination of a horrible sugary breakfast and the way I was sitting lead to this scary moment.  This was definitely a wake up call for me, that although a lot of times I feel just fine, my body is busy doing a lot of different things and I can't take that for granted and need to be more in tune with what I am doing, eating, etc.

I am lucky to have Chris and just feel awful that he had to go through those moments of fear.  I'm all good now and feel blessed that this moment was a passing moment and will take it as a needed wake up call.

1 comment:

  1. Megan! You better be taking it easy, I know it's so hard to take it easy when you're preggo but for real, how scary! And sometimes you just can't resist those sweet pregnancy cravings, next time just don't go watch the sun rise and instead lay on the couch :)

    ReplyDelete