So while the nursery location is still to be determined, thanks to my BF Jen I have a really great idea of what Miss Harper's nursery will look like!
Jen is my personal designer for clothes, accessories, house, etc. She has a God-given talent with design (as does her sister Kate who is a graphic designer who creates our covers for Tippi Toes CDs). Anyways, I knew to enlist Jen as my designer because while I do like decorating and have a distinct taste, I struggle with completing a room unless I copy a picture or something. Also, I second guess every decision so just having Jen's support or not is awesome!
Anyways, you will not find any pastels in Harper's nursery and really compared to the traditional nursery, I think Harper's room will feel more like cool, modern, funky room which is what I was hoping for. The color palette is grey with bright pink and orange pops.
We have been shopping for a glider for the room for what feels like 18 years! We have been so picky and really wanted a more modern chair, but dang they are expensive! Then we of course wanted to sit in them, but there is ZERO options for shopping in Ormond or Daytona, so we shopped online forever and then every time we were in any other city we would go visit furniture stores. We never had luck until we found this glider below at West Elm. I think my family is happy to just not talk to me anymore about gliders! It got to the point where Sarah said to Chris and I once, "What about this glider" and flashed us a pic of the glider...sadly we were both able to name the brand name, chair name and price by looking at the picture. Clearly we went overboard shopping around!
I hope to have more pics of Harper's actual nursery coming in 6 weeks or so!
![]() |
| Probably no caption needed...Harper's Crib |
![]() |
| The glider |
![]() |
| garage sale dresser with horrible cat scratches all over that we got for $25. |




Hello!! Oh Hi Glider - your parents searched the world for you. Thank you for being cute, modern and comfortable. Please don't let us down...we need lots of snuggle time, late night feeding and stories told on you. Thank you for FINALLY coming into our life!!!
ReplyDeleteOh and meet your awesome crib and changing table - yes you just came a big part of a very cool room for a very special little girl!