Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Harper Reilly

Picking someone else's name that they will have forever...that's a big deal!  Chris and I have been talking about baby names for a couple of years now just in preparation.  We started a list on our phones and would add and edit all the time.  My cousin, Amy, has also been sending me name ideas via text for about a year and a half.  This has certainly been on our minds!

So for a long time we were playing with the idea of Kate, Paige, Mae and Claire.  We liked all of these names, but for one reason or another we couldn't commit to any of them for this baby, or should I say agree on any of them.

Then as I was traveling and sitting in TGI Fridays in the Atlanta Airport, the name Harper just came to me out of the blue.  I called Chris and he was sold right away.  Then I texted my sisters, Jen and my mom and they all loved it.  This was the feeling Chris and I had been waiting for...that feeling of, 'Of course!  Her name is Harper!'  We lived with the name for a week or so just to be sure that there weren't any crazy nicknames we came up with and to be sure we were in love with it and we were!

We made the choice and never hesitated!  We are still working on the middle name, but have a few meaningful options we are considering.

We now only call her by her name and just cannot wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment