Friday, August 24, 2012

I'm an anomaly

So living in Florida is wonderful!  A couple miles from the beach, great weather, good thunderstorms, palm trees, etc.  I have learned over the past few years of living hear that Chris and I are certainly the youngest in 99.9% of the rooms and places we visit.

Ormond Beach, FL is absolutely a great place to retire and that is evident as you drive 5 below the speed limit everywhere you go, walk behind old ladies at the grocery store and only have a Talbet's and Chico's for shopping.  There really is no doubt that families are more scarce here and probably even more so to Chris and I since for the past 3 years we have been in the limbo stage of no kids but not in college...the semi-grown up phase.

Anyways over the past 6 weeks, I have started to see exactly how much of an anomaly I am to the good people of Ormond Beach.  The minute my baby bump was clearly a baby bump, the looks started.  I am sure no matter where you live being pregnant warrants looks, but I swear to you, not one old lady or man walks past me now without tilting their head, looking at my belly and doing a little half smile.  Every single person!  I get it because really I have probably seen 5 pregnant girls in Ormond Beach over the past 9 months, but this new found staring is just really unbelievable and nonstop!

Is this a normal thing, all you other pregnant ladies noticed too or are these old folks really that in shock to see someone knocked up?

No comments:

Post a Comment