Is caffeine frowned upon during pregnancy? Yes. If at 30 weeks pregnant a Dr. Pepper brings me joy for an hour or so do I chose to drink a Dr. Pepper? Yes. Do I feel guilty every time? Yes. Do I think Harper will come out with 2 heads because I have a Dr. Pepper? No!
Anyways, I get my Dr. Pepper and I am just enjoying my first sip as I walk to the counter. Then Mr. A-hole ruins the drink as he looks at me and says, "You know you aren't supposed to drink that while you are pregnant? That's not good for your baby."
Well, you can imagine how much editing I did when I chose not to jump (or at this point flop or waddle) over the counter and strangle him for saying that to me! Yes, I know you jerk! Why don't you turn me into DHS!
Then he goes on, "Yea, my ex told me she quit smokin' when she was pregnant then I found cigs in her car and called her out." I said, "Well, it's a good thing there is a difference between a soda and a pack of cigarettes."
Now, during any other time of my life, this wouldn't really bother me, but I just wanted to punch this guy for ruining my one hour of a delicious Dr. Pepper! Harper still enjoyed it and proved that by doing a few flips in my stomach after she got her taste of Dr. Pepper!
That still cracks me up - seriously let me guess he isn't married any longer.
ReplyDelete