The past 4 1/2 months has opened my eyes to what every mom experienced during pregnancy. It's funny because I am one of the last people I know to actually be pregnant, however, I still have been surprised by what happens during pregnancy. I thought my family and friends had shared all of their experiences, but now I can tell you for sure...there were some details missed!! Since I don't really know who reads this blog, I will spare everyone the details, but I have done my part and have sufficiently started to scar my best friend Jen (one of my only friends who has not been pregnant). Not on purpose, but I will just bring up some of the things I have experienced and then I realize that to Jen I probably sound gross, weird, like a science project and like a stretch armstrong!
The second trimester has been awesome and so much fun! I have started to feel little flutters of kicks which is the greatest thing ever! We just had our 18 week ultrasound and the sex of our baby could be determined. We didn't want to find out the sex in the office, but instead wanted to be able to be at home so we could react however we naturally would. So, we had about 20 minutes in the ultrasound appointment and getting to see our little baby moving, snuggling and just seeing all the body parts was like nothing else we have ever experienced. Neither one of us cried, but instead we were proud that the baby had arms and could move! It was just so fun to see an ultrasound which actually resembled a human! We were technically 17 weeks 6 days at our appointment, but the measurements of the ultrasound show the baby is measuring 18 weeks 5 days. I wasn't surprised at all because my family just has big babies!
The greatest thing was that the profile of our little baby looked just like Chris! Crazy!!! I know if she looks like her dad that she will be a beauty!
So we left the doctor's office with a handful of ultrasound pictures and a folded up piece of paper taped closed!!
Sitting in the passenger seat of the car with the sex of our baby right in my hands was such a crazy feeling. On our way home we were smiling ear to ear and basically both assured each other that we really don't care what the sex is, but we are just happy to have the news! We were about 2 minutes from our house and I asked Chris what he would be surprised by as far as sex. He said he would be surprised if it was a boy because he was sure it was a girl. I agreed!
So we get home, sit at our dining room table and Chris takes his sweet ass time to SLOWLY un-tape and unfold the paper! "It's a Baby Girl!!" He shouted! We were on cloud 9!!
Sharing the news with our family and friends was the best! My mom cried, my sisters both screamed and little Lucy said, "Did Fave have her baby girl?!" So sweet!
So after we soak up the joy of being about to call my baby a girl and a she and a her instead of an it...it's time to get serious about names! We have a long list of names we like, but man I feel the pressure of wanting to give our baby girl the best name possible!!
Thanks to my sisters I already have 5 huge boxes of clothes! Yes, 5!!! That is after they edited down the clothing and after I filtered them as well! Hey, I lived my life with hand me downs from my sisters and turned out sort of normal, so I think our baby girl will enjoy her hand me downs as well. Let's be serious though...she will have plenty of her own clothes ;)
We love this baby girl and cannot wait to meet her!

I love this babby girl too! I cried reading your post. God is so good!! She will be spunky, funny, beautiful and oh so kind. You and Chris already are amazing parents to her!! Excited for her to get a name - I know you are too though!
ReplyDelete