Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New Car

So I have known for years that I was due for a new car sometime soon.  I drive a 1996 Jeep Cherokee with 186,000 miles on it.  I really don't drive too much so as crappy as the car is, it doesn't really bother me...until someone else comes in town and I have to explain the following:
1. No I can't turn the A/C to high...for some reason it stops blowing beyond medium
2. Sorry I only get 1 local radio station because well I don't really know
3. Ooops, no you can't get in the car's back seat using that door because it doesn't open from the outside
4. Oh yea and the opposite door in the back seat doesn't have a handle on the inside so you can't really close the door unless the window is open
5.  That's okay, it just feels like it will die when the car shakes like that.  It only happens a few times a week.

When the Nuses came to town Sarah apparently felt that it was time for a car intervention and in a matter of 3 minutes she convinced me I had to get a new car before we drove to NJ for Thanksgiving.  This conversation was on Friday and then Saturday we found a car and Monday we were leaving town in my new car!!
Shopping for cars was pretty funny because as the salesman would ask me what I wanted here was my list:
1. Keyless entry...haven't had a clicker for my car ever and I really want that!
2. Radio that works normally
3. My lofty request was a sunroof.
Beyond this I was just happy to have a car!

It was so fun and I feel so lucky to be driving this car.  I really would have taken any car, but things worked out so perfectly and I was actually able to get my dream car!!!  It was meant to be!

Random fact...I have driven 4 cars since I was 16 and 3 of 4 of them were green.
Little Green June Bug!  Great car for years!

Pinch me!


2 comments:

  1. ha that is so funny reading...I am so happy you posted this and all that was wrong with that car you forgot to mention someone actually bought your old car...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting Megan! I had such a bad car too and when we got a new car someone bought my old one!!

    ReplyDelete