It started with me traveling for about 40 days out of 45 days in May and June! It was mainly work related - recital in Corpus, 1st annual franchise convention in Tulsa, princess camp back in corpus and also some family time in Tulsa and NJ.
Here is a snip from Sarah's blog which is much more descriptive than I can handle right now!
Megan came into town and it started with our Tippi Toes dance recital. It was a hit to say the least! We had prepared for a certain number of people but when the show began we had over 1400 people watching our kids dance - we were surprised and shocked!! Loved how all the kids were so supported!
Next came our flight to Tulsa to host our first Tippi Toes Franchise conference. Megan and I took Lucy and Lola and spend 2 weeks in Tulsa preparing for the meeting and training franchise owners. We have a fantastic group of women with 9 franchises across America! It was fun to have most everyone together to get to know each other, exchange ideas and talk shop. After that was over we headed the next day back to Corpus to host a full princess camp. We held 2 camps and enjoyed every minute. We were lucky enough to have one of our new franchise owners come to Corpus to learn the ropes, she was so helpful along with some of our amazing Tippi Toes teachers.
Chris was able to see all of his Tulsa friends while we were in town which was awesome as usual! I don't think Sarah and I could have made it through the Tippi Toes convention without Chris!!! He was so incredibly helpful and I am so grateful to him! Our parents were incredible as usual and I just love being back home with them! We spent some QT with Gannon, Lucy, Lola and Ella (Hank wasn't here yet)!
Then once I was back home Chris and I spent some time up in NJ. It was a great trip as always! Chris and I are officially addicted to home improvement projects so we forced ourselves on Chris' parents and ended up putting in a few windows and a new front door while we were there. I learned so much! Who knew I would ever be a part of window installation?!! Not me!! I also learned how to make pizza crust which was the highlight for me!! Tom helped me through it and I was relieved to see that the crust turned out just right!! We got to see Mason who has grown and changed so much since I saw him earlier in the spring. He is the center of the family and we all love every minute of it!!
So July as been much more laid back for us which was much needed! We just had Lauren and Daniel Rew come to visit which was fantastic! It felt like a vacation for Chris and I because we were at the beach for 2 days and just enjoyed the company of the Rews! They are easy, funny and laid back guests which made for a wonderful few days!!
Other fun stuff this summer...
My BF and BP (business partner) Sarah had her 3rd baby, Harry Hank Nuse!! He was born on June 29th and it perfection!!! He is totally adored by his big sisters and of course by the rest of the family! It is killing me not to see Hank, but with skype and facetime on our phones I luckily get to see more of Hank than you might think!
Chris and I are trying to teach ourselves how to surf!!! We both suck, but are having fun getting up for a few seconds here and there!!
We have gotten to spend more time with Nick and Katie! Nick is the assistant coach with Chris and Katie his is girlfriend who recently moved to town! We have been having each other over for dinner a lot this summer which is a nice change of pace for us!
I think we will be putting our house on the market...I guess now! We are coming up on 2 years in the house so we are ready to move on and find another house that needs some TLC! I will be sad to move from this house, but I am definitely getting used to the nomad lifestyle of flipping houses and coaching!
Coaching in the summer time is crazy because coaches around the country are changing jobs which makes for constant conversations about friends moving, jobs changing, etc. We know that this is how the majority of our summers will be for the rest of our life so we are completely used to the unknown and now thrive on it and just get ready for anything!!
Okay, so my blog was totally boring and you can probably tell that all of this was really more for the scrapbook and less for your entertainment!!! I will try to be better and just be happy you don't have to read Limp Diddy anymore!!
finally!! loved the recap!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way Megan!! I like reading other people's blogs but don't want to update my own! I think you have just inspired me...!
ReplyDeleteLoved the update. Miss you guys! Come sound a weekend with us this fall and tailgate...PLEASE!!!!
ReplyDelete