It's funny looking back because I think, "Man, I didn't even know Chris when we got married!" Are you waiting for me to take that comment back? Seriously, we had been dating long distance for all but about 6 months of our relationship and were married about 3 years after meeting! Luckily, the stuff we did know about each other was meaningful and important and getting to know all the details has been a blast.
Things I didn't know about Chris until AFTER we got married...
1. He is incredible with kids
2. Chris LOVES a standard routine
3. He is so thoughtful and rarely says things he doesn't mean (I tend to exaggerate way more than Chris)
4. If he doesn't know an answer to a question he will study and research until he is an expert on the topic
5. He is funny all the time
6. He doesn't like to sit at a restaurant with his back to the door. (His NJ side coming out strong with this trait - what is vinny bambino gonna come in and whack him?!)
Things he didn't know about me...
1. How much I enjoy staying up late at night
2. If we are going out on a date I want a solid hour to get ready!
3. I need a flippin card on a holiday! Period!
4. How much I like to talk a topic to death to prepare for every outcome
5. If he doesn't call me back within an hour I assume he has been in a car wreck or someone has kidnapped him (you know all those kidnappers who search for the 6'6" men to snatch :)
6. I don't really do leftovers
Yes, we had some idea about these things, but the magnitude only became clear over months of living together! If you asked me 3 years ago I would have told you I knew most everything about him, but that is the beauty of marriage! The becoming one, understanding, listening, unconditional everything! My favorite thing about being married to Chris is that my favorite person is always around! Since being married to Chris I have learned how to let go of things quicker, be more careful with my sunglass, cook, tile anything, laugh when there is nothing to laugh about, be accepting of others and I have improved my geography skills (I had to look on a map to find NJ when we first met). Crap, did I just say that out loud?! Look those of us from the big states just kind of lump all those little states together...sorry Reilly/Geary Family!
I love you Chris and am so proud of our marriage! It is the greatest and I feel so blessed every single day of my life because of you!!!
This picture is wrong on so many levels! Nice hair Megs and nice goat Chris! YIKES! April 2005.
Great Summer of baseball 2005.
Right after our engagement in NYC. December 2006!
Parties before our wedding! Summer 2007!
November 10th, 2007! Bliss!


This made me cry...you guys are so perfect for each other and I love what you have found out about each other since marriage. You guys just fit - simple as that! Love the couple you are and are so proud of you too!
ReplyDelete