Friday, October 8, 2010

Oh yea, I have a blog!

Did you think I forgot?! It has been a while since last posting and I am not really sure how to jump back into blogging! So how about a bunch of random thoughts?...

I was traveling for a couple of weeks and was in Tulsa watching my niece Lucy be a flower girl in a family friend's wedding! She was precious and actually galloped down the isle in her pink, tulle dress with ballet slippers on. Adorable! You can see a more complete story about that on my sister's blog, Nuse Blog! While I was in Tulsa I got to see my parents, my sisters, Adam, Gannon, Ella, Lucy and Lola plus my best friends Jen, Liz and Kate Ormsby! There is nothing like best friends from home!
We also went to Kansas City to help my Gram do some car shopping! It was really fun and she looks adorable in her new VW Beetle! Yes, my Gram is 92 years old and retired her 1987 Chrysler Lebaron for a New Beetle! Gram has only driven Beetles and this is her 5th one! Her Lebaron was a big change and she is so happy to be back at home in a bug!
It is always fun to be in KC with tons of family. My mom was born and raised in Kansas City, MO and so we have lots of aunts, cousins and second cousins to catch up with! They are so fun and I am by far the most quiet if that tells you anything! Most people don't consider me quiet or shy, but compared to my fun and crazy KC family I am pussy cat :)


Switching gears...
How awesome is this time of year?! Our weather is in the mid-upper 80s and in the upper 60s at night! The daily rain showers have pretty much stopped and most days I wish I could work outside. Then I remind myself that as beautiful as the weather is I still don't want to work with a bunch of lizards running over my laptop! Still not used to them!!!
This time of year is also awesome because it is post season baseball and college football is starting to get serious! We will officially be watching every minute of MLB through the World Series. That is how I show my love and dedication to my husband. I know that Chris will definitely want to watch the first 4 innings of the games until he falls asleep with the remote in his hands and sitting straight up! His 4am mornings are still going strong so making it to 10pm is a big deal for him. I actually don't mind watching all the baseball it is just the quantity that I am amazed at! I swear the man has a gift at discovering channels with a baseball special on. Anything from the life story of someone random like David Eckstein to how to make a baseball glove to history of stadiums to of course baseball games. I know more about baseball than I ever imagined! I watch games differently than I used to and being married to a pitching coach I blame everything on the position players who screw things up for pitchers! (If you told me 6 years ago that I would ever type that sentence I would have told you you were nuts!!!)

This weekend is my father-in-laws birthday so Happy Birthday Tom!! You are a wonderful dad and father-in-law and I just wish we could see you all more! Tom has inspired me to try out more recipes and he gave me a cookbook that I now love! America's Test Kitchen for Two is so awesome and I actually am building a list of "favorite recipes". There is another sentence I never thought I would type in my life!!

Life continues to be sweet and I am looking forward to the holidays already! Lots of fun things ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Love your recap! You are a better wife than I to sit and watch the baseball. I have it now as background noise!

    ReplyDelete