Monday, October 18, 2010

MLB Playoffs!

What can I say, it's nice to have family with connections!!! Adam, my brother in law is the Vice President of the Corpus Christi Hooks AA minor league team. He came to Tampa last week for meetings at the minor league headquarters and all thanks to the baseball gods the Rangers were playing against Tampa Bay in game 5 of the division series. Adam got Chris and I ridiculous tickets that had us sitting with the wives of the players! We had such a blast and the best part was the company of Adam who is probably the easiest, coolest and most entertaining person to be with (don't tell him I said that, I want to keep my brother/sister relationship with him which includes us razzing each other all the time. Did I just say raz?)

As you can imagine there were several notable people at the game besides the players. Florida Governor was sitting near us, Misty May Treanor the pro sand volleyball player who is a familiar face from the Olympics and then some guy name Nolan Ryan?!

I had a wonderful conversation with Ruth Ryan in the bathroom line. It's always great to strike up a conversation with an mlb icon's wife while you are waiting for your stall!!

The Rangers won which we were pumped about! Adam, Chris and I went and celebrated at a bar right outside the stadium. We were able to break out some very rusty dance moves which was fun and Chris and Adam were able to get their picture with Craig Sager. No, you shouldn't know him and even after I tell you who he is, you will not care at all! He is the "sideline" announcer for TBS MLB coverage...see I told you! Who cares?! However, it was really funny to see Chris and Adam get excited about meeting him and actually talking to him for about 10 minutes while he had a drink with us.

We had a great random Tuesday night in Tampa and we are so grateful to Adam for thinking of inviting us! An MLB postseason game was on my bucket list so CHECK!
Here are pics which are much more entertaining than the stories!

Chris and I after the game! How awesome were the seats! The vibe at a post season game is so so much different than a regular season game! Awesome!

This was the best pic I could get of Adam and Chris. They get together and it is sort of like to 10 year old boys so typically one of them is making a face!

Chris and the one and only...umm...uhh...what's his name? Greg something?!


Totally, changing gears and for the ladies...have you heard or seen the DKNY Cozy? So we went to the outlet mall about and hour away and there was a new DKNY opening which I was totally unaware of, but basically they were having huge opening day sale and I got a Cozy and it is the coolest thing ever! Now those of you who know me, know I would NEVER pay full price for...well anything, but this sale was enormous and after getting trained on this piece of clothing I was sold! Just telling you because it is worth a look! You can wear it at least 12 different ways that are legitimate and cute (youtube as tons of how to videos)! For you colder weather peeps it is worth a look, if you can find one on sale get it! (it is crazy expensive like $195 regularly) If I spend $195 on a piece of clothing then I better be able to wear it 12 different ways and shoot for that matter it better dispense some money too!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post and stories. The picture of Adam he sure looks his best! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete