Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rose Nylund Sighting!!!

Go to fullsize image

Go to fullsize image


Confession...I love Betty White/Rose Nylund, Blanch Devero and the rest of the gang! I first starting watching Mary Tyler Moore in middle school so that is when I started with enjoying Betty White. Then came The Golden Girls!!! I watched them just about every night in bed in college and thank god for the WE, Oxygen and Lifetime channels because I can continue to watch The Golden Girls anytime I want to (seriously it is always on)! I mean you cannot deny it is a funny show! I have been harassed over my love of the Golden Girls, but they are worth it!

What is the point of this story? Great question!

On our way home from New Jersey Chris and I finished a quick dinner in Atlanta airport when Betty White and her hubby (I think) walked right past us!! Them walking past us meant I immediately changed direction and followed her all the way to the end of the terminal!
She was wearing a total golden girls outfit...bright blue suit with a pair of low matching heels. Same hairdo as she has always had (plus a little bed head)! I loved it!
So after just following her and then staring at her for a bit, we saw a total loser run over to her asking for a picture! I was jealous and also realized I didn't want to be that person...waaa waaa!
So I left Betty White alone and left with my dignity, but no autograph or picture!

Still it was a thrill to see Betty White in person!

In closing...
Thank you for being a friend. Travel down the road and back again; your heart is true you are a pal and a confidant...da da da... and if you threw a party, invited everyone you ever knew, you would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.


**This ugly background was the closest thing I could find to the Golden Girls Style!

2 comments:

  1. You actually saw her and this is the first I am hearing about that. WOW! Love the background and your closing cracked me up. Every time I see the Golden Girls on tv Ido think of you!

    ReplyDelete