Monday, August 23, 2010

Mason...Man of the Hour!

Our sweet nephew Mason Thomas Geary was baptized a little over a week ago in New Jersey! Chris and I were so excited to be able to attend the baptism and Chris is Mason's godfather! He now holds a household record of 3-time godparent! Impressive!

Chris and I got back to Florida on Wednesday from Park City and flew out Friday to start the partying for Mason's Baptism. Beth and Ryan Geary hosted a perfect weekend as usual and basically Chris and I ate and drank like a King and Queen while getting lots of snuggles and play time in with Mason!

Beth is in a league of her own when it comes to hosting! Seriously, she puts Martha to shame! We had breakfast, lunch and dinner at Beth's house and one meal was better than the next. We are talking homemade blueberry muffins, Lemon and Lime Bread, Lasagna to die for, cupcakes that should have been entered in a competition and that is only the list that I can remember! Everything tastes sooo good and she does all of this while preparing to have basically a weekend long party at her house! She and Ryan have a beautiful house that is decorated meticulously, but is still so comfortable and warm!
While Beth puts Martha to shame Ryan puts...hmmm...Bob Vila to shame?! Sorry Ryan, I am trying to think of a contractor who is awesome...how about Mike Holmes to shame?! He has worked on so many home projects that we have all lost count and the only way Ryan knows how to complete projects is perfectly! His work is impeccable! From tiling to flooring to design to construction...the Geary's are amazing!

Chris' mom Elaine is also a wonderful host and chef as she brought Blueberry Pie and Yummy little Cheesecake squares with cherries on top...no seriously there were cherries on top ;) Elaine and Tom host Chris and I at their house whenever we are in New Jersey and they always make us feel so welcomed and loved! I love our late night conversations with wine and cheese and I feel like that is a really special time for the four of us! I get to hear stories about Chris which I love and we usually spend most of our time with Chris' parents laughing! They are wonderful!

So, what the heck did I bring to the table...Mad Gab!!! Trust me you would rather me bring Mad Gab than Blueberry pie!!! My enitre family makes fun of me for being the "game nazi", but what can I say...I love games! Beth has joined me with the love of games so I don't have to awkwardly ask anymore if anyone wants to play because Beth will just tell everyone they are playing! I love it!

We had such a great time in New Jersey and Mason is just precious! He smiles and laughs and is so easy to be with! His disposition is incredible and I truly did not see him cry all weekend! He was baptized with another little boy who was not nearly as tough as Mason! We all enjoyed the fact that Mason was the only baby tough enough to take the holy water on the forehead without crying! What a man!

We love you Mason so much and can't wait to watch your grow up!!


Megan and Chris with sweet Mason!

Playtime with MTG!

The gorgeous Geary Fam!

Fave and Mason! Isn't he precious!

Umm..hello magazine ad?! After Chris and Ryan did the dishes they found some time to play with Mason as well! I love this picture!


2 comments:

  1. You and Chris get Aunt and Uncle of the year!! Such sweet niece and nephews you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome post - sounds like we need to take a visit too! Mason is SO CUTE! So does he "call" you Fave too? You are right that last picture is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete