Monday, July 12, 2010

Wedding in St. Augstine

On Saturday Chris and I traveled up I-95 about 45 minutes to St. Augustine for Maggie Horn's wedding. Maggie and I went to school together from kindergarten really through college. It was so great to see Maggie and finally meet her new hubby! I haven't seen Mags since our wedding and her family and I just had lots of catching up to do! Seeing Maggie and Wendy (another childhood friend) brought back so many awesome memories from childhood and one great memory from college!

Here's the story from college which was re-counted several times on Saturday...

Maggie and I roomed together at OSU and after a couple nights of us seeing Chris out at the lovely bar scene in Stillwater we finally spent one night talking at the world famous saloon (not really, but it sounds cooler that way) in Stillwater, OK - Murphy's. Maggie, Chris and I were sitting at a table over the course of the night and basically Chris and I were just flirting the whole time. Well, at Murphy's when it is 2am they start playing New York New York which is our sign to leave. As that song was wrapping up Chris had STILL not asked for my number so Maggie, being even more impatient than me, said "Are you going to ask for her number or what?" And the rest is history!

Chris remembers that story a little differently and swears it was all apart of his "game"! I stand by the fact that I am so lucky that my husband doesn't really have "game"!

Anyways, the wedding was great! We danced and had a blast and also found the perfect get-a-way! St. Augustine is the oldest city in the country and it was so cute! I felt like we were in another country and plan on going back for a long weekend! If anyone is planning on visiting us St Augustine is definitely worth checking out!

Chris and I have a couple of more weeks at home before I head off to Corpus for work and to play with Lucy and Lola and then from there our family is headed to Park City, UT for a family vaca! If anyone has been to Park City and has any suggestions I would love to hear them!

Wendy Selman and I; She was a bridesmaid and her and her boyfriend stopped in Ormond before the wedding weekend for dinner with Chris and I on Thursday!

Don't we have enough pics of us together smiling?


Take 2...
Me and my cute date! He wore his seersucker suit! I mean can you think of a better time for a seersucker suit than a summer Florida wedding! He looked great!!!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Hotness to both of you! I think the purple was a great idea! Nice work. Wendy looks great too! Glad it was fun! Love seeing you write you will be here in a few weeks - awww I cant wait!

    ReplyDelete