My dad and Chris in heaven because they are eating the ultimate seafood platter! My mom actually tried some alligator, which we were all stunned to see! Way to go mom!
My parents at the top of the lighthouse! Beautiful! Aren't they cute!

My parents in front of the lighthouse! This was a big day for my mom because after knee surgery in January she climbed the 215 steps to the top!!! There is no way she could have done this before the knee surgery and I am just so proud of the time and energy she put in to her long recovery!
Chris and I waiting in the line at Rosenblatt Stadium for the College Baseball World Series! So fun and yes we were soaking in sweat!
Matt Schwagger met us for the 2nd game of the day! He and Chris played together with Baltimore and they haven't seen each other since then! He was nice enough to let us stay the night at his home in Lincoln! We missed meeting his wife and 11 month old little boy, but it was great for Chris to see him and for me to meet him!
Chris and his biggest fan...my Gram! My gram is totally in love with Chris and actually just calls him, "Wow!" Seriously! We have decided that Chris reminds Gram of her late husband, Big Tom. He was tall, slender, athletic, had dimples and could whistle and so can Chris! They talk sports together and we had the best time with Gram! She definitely treats him like the favorite. It's kind of ridiculous, for instance Gram planned on lunch at an Italian restaurant...she said to me "I know you don't really like Italian that much, but Chris does so we are going to Carmens." Okay Gram, Thanks! Guess I know where I stand...about a mile behind Chris ;) I actually love their relationship, but seriously I don't want to know who she would choose...me or Chris!
She is 92 and is frustrated that she can't play golf more often. She plays 1 or 2 times a month, still has poker night with her friends and meets her two girlfriends every Saturday for dinner...Yes, my Gram has a way more active social life than we do!
Things I don't have pictures of...
We spent time in Tulsa and went out with Chris and Katie Butterfield, Kate and Terry McElroy and Liz Ormsby who are some of our best friends in Tulsa. It's one of those things where the girls can talk for 4 hours without looking for the guys and they are the same way. We sat at a big table for dinner, but about half way through I forgot they were there! I love old friends!
I was working in Tulsa for about a week and was able to catch up with two of my best girlfriends Ashely and Tiff! We met back in college, but don't get together nearly as much as we would like! Every time we are together it is like no time has passed!
All of our friends have beautiful children and it was so awesome to catch up with them. Katie, Ashley and Tiff have little girls who were actually able to come to our Princess Camp in Tulsa so it was so fun to get to know their sweet little girls in a totally different way!
Chris' schedule is much more flexible in the summer so we were able to get away for the KC/Omaha trip and he is usually home by 6pm every night!!! We have sold another franchise in Tulsa bringing us to a total of 4 franchises sold in total! My work is busy and so exciting and I could not love my job more!
Life is so awesome and we are enjoying the summer! I will try to improve my blogging skills!

Finally!!! AWESOME post thank you!
ReplyDelete