Sunday, July 25, 2010

Baby Raccoons?

Has anyone ever seen baby raccoons? Of course not! I never thought about baby raccoons until this morning when Chris, Camden and I were on a bike ride through our neighborhood park. Camden was not on a leash and was just running alongside of Chris and I and all 3 of us were shocked when we came around a bend in the sidewalk to find 3 little baby raccoons!! They were probably 3-4 pounds each. As you all know if you read my blog, I am not a big fan of wildlife, but seriously this was the first time I thought a raccoon was cute! The 3 babies were huddled up together and didn't move as Camden trotted up to them. I panicked thinking, 'Great! Chris is going to have to pull a bloody raccoon out of Camden's mouth.' Oh wait, that's right Camden is all bark and was actually chased away by a 3 pound baby raccoon!

Chris and I were trying to call her away from the raccoons since we both assumed they had to have rabies, sadly Diddy doesn't always listen so it took the raccoons hissing at Camden and curly their backs like a cat. Did I mention Chris was on his bike and was chased away by the 3 pound raccoon as well?!! You can sort of see it in the Blair Witch video below. You will see a little raccoon running towards Chris and then you can totally tell he hauls butt out of the way! Yes Chris, 6'6" 230# pedaled his little bike away from the 3 pound raccoon as it clumsily pranced over to him. I of course would have done the same thing, but I was too chicken to even go near the raccoons. It just made us laugh that Chris was so quick to pedal away! Seriously, what were they going to do to him?!!!

Camden doesn't get much pub on our blog because I don't want to be the weird dog lady, but seriously she is the best dog ever! She snuggles like crazy and would rather sit on your lap than anywhere else. She loves to play with other dogs as long as she is not on a leash (if she is on a leash near another dog she gets a little psycho). Here is a funny video of her helping Chris in the yard! We just love her so much!

On another note, I am so excited about my upcoming business trip to Corpus to work with Sarah and meet with our franchise consultant. Tippi Toes is so much fun right now especially! We are working closely with our 4 new franchise owners and it is such a blast to see all these women be so successful and feel so fulfilled with Tippi Toes! My excitement about the trip probably also has to do with Lucy and Lola who are Sarah and Adam's precious girls!!! I skype with them almost everyday so I just can't wait to get my hands on those sweet girls! Take a look at how cute they are, here is her blog link, http://whatsnewnuse.blogspot.com/




2 comments:

  1. That is really funny. Who the heck was on the video. We are pumped to see you too! It is even better than a visit from Santa...and that says a LOT! Love you 3~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we hire diddy? we need some weeds pulled. I love Chris's commentary!

    ReplyDelete