When I travel, I always make at least 2 stops. I don't know why I do this, but I guess I just decide to get in the traveling mode and try to knock out a few things at once! I spent 1 week in Cincinnati last week, working with my teachers, checking on classes and just making sure the Cincinnati franchises are going well. After a week in hotels and Subway it was wonderful to fly in to Tulsa so spend a week with my parents!
My mom had her left knee replaced yesterday and so I am here as Nurse Reilly. She did awesome and her surgeon was really happy with his work! She got up and actually walked yesterday and continues to heal and make progress! My mom's pain tolerance is crazy!!! The nurses and techs keep asking her about her pain and they can't believe how happy and cheerful she is! Everyone who comes in and works with her says she is doing really great which is uplifting for all of us, but especially my mom. My mom is looking forward to being able to walk pain free which will be the first time for her to experience pain free walking in about 15 years. My mom is the best and she is the easiest patient ever so I am really just looking forward to us playing cards, watching Law & Order, Idol and catching up as she recovers!
Another great thing about traveling back to Tulsa, is I get a chance to see my awesome friends! On Sunday night I went to dinner with Kate and Terry McElroy and Katie & Chris Butterfield. They are just the greatest friends and it is amazing that we are able to pick up with each other's lives as if we see each other all the time! The 4 of them are so fun and funny and I really feel like Chris and I miss out on so much by living far away. Maybe everyone I know and love will just move to Ormond Beach....I know Keep Dreaming! I am also looking forward to getting to see Ashley and maybe Tiff this week! Both girls are my 2 best college friends from OU and OSU and while they are both busy with precious little babies and kids, my time with them is always special and our friendship means so much to me! They are those type of girlfriends who you don't have to do anything fun or exciting because our conversation and time together is already such a blast; but if you do throw our hubbies and some cocktails in the mix then we just know the night will be talked about for years!! My friends are awesome and I cherish my time with them!
Sorry for no pics, but it was either me working in Cincinnati or my mom in a hospital...wooo hooo!
Can't wait to get back home on Saturday! I miss my awesome husband!!!
Thanks for the good update. You are right mom seems amazing. You are the greatest for being there she is beyond thankful and so are we. It is fun to know you got to see the McElroys and Butterfields. We are pumped for our trip to see you guys! Love you!
ReplyDeletehey megan! we would love to get together! brian is back to work and his schedule is pretty hit and miss, but hopefully we could work something out! what do you guys have available? mandy :)
ReplyDelete