Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back to Blogging and Ormond Beach

I have taken a bit of a break from blogging, but am back!
Chris and I had a wonderful holiday season!  It was great because we were able to be in NJ with Chris' side of the fam and spend time with my fam in Texas as well!  One of Chris' good buddies, Ryan Molcahn, got married right before Christmas in New Jersey.  Chris was the cutest groomsman and spent the entire night on the dance floor!  It was one of the best weddings we have ever been too and we were both sore the next day after all of the dancing!  A big snow storm came through on the day of the wedding so Chris coined a "snow angel" dance move on the dance floor.  It was a hit and caught on with some other groomsmen, unfortunately no pics were taken :(
We celebrated Christmas with Chris' family and were spoiled by them all!  Elaine and Beth, Chris' mom and sister, should just buy all of my clothing!  They are the type of gift givers that you love because everything they pick out is perfect for me and I honestly dress cuter because of them!
Next we flew home and basically hopped in the car and drove to Corpus Christi, TX.  Yes, you read that correct...Drove to Corpus!!!  I love road trips and especially with my awesome husband!  We talk about everything...what would you do with 100 million dollars, where do you see yourself in 5, 10, 15 years, what is the best part of your job and on and on!  I love it!  Camden was a trooper and pretty much sleeps and then looks out the window!
We spent about a week in Corpus with my entire family in and out over that time!  We had a wonderful time and managed to be entertained by the kids, play games, play golf, tennis, basketball, had a gingerbread house competition (we got 3rd out of 4) and cooked!  It was a wonderful time because we were all getting to know Lola Nuse better since she was only a few weeks old at the time!  She is precious and is such a sweet little baby!
One of the best parts of time in Texas was Lucy and Gannon!  They were so funny together and love each other so much!  They danced together, imitated each other, laughed at each other and totally entertained us!!!  Their sweet little laughs are infectious and when I think about them I just want to squeeze them!  It is really hard to believe how old they already are, but it is so much fun to get to know their little personalities!
Another one of the highlights was the fact that my hubby surprised me with NEW GOLF CLUBS!!! So fun!  I was shocked and we were able to play on Christmas day!  It was so awesome to have my own clubs!!  I got Chris his first and only pair of real cowboy boots!  I think it was equally a gift for me because he looks so cute in the boots! He loves them and seems to be turning over a new "country/camo/cowboy" leaf!?!!!
Once we got back home we both jumped back into work!  Chris had "hell week" which meant his alarm went off at 3:40am and they had practice at 5am and 11am and then he would get home around 6pm!  You can imagine how exhausted he was, but he loves coaching so much that the early mornings and long hours don't bother him! I am lucky to have a happy husband who loves his job!
I am trying to take a little pressure off of Sarah while she enjoys being a mom of 2, so I am a little busier than normal, but I love knowing that Sarah and I are able to help each other out when needed!  One of the perks of being a business partner with your sister!
Up next for us is baseball season and a little traveling for me.  I am currently in Cincinnati for Tippi Toes and will then head to Tulsa to be with my mom as she has her knee replaced.  She is anxious, but I think this surgery will change her life and I am so happy to be able to be there for her to help her recover!
Here are some pics from the last month or so!

Lucy at Tippi Toes                                                          Chris in his new cowboy boots!

Lucy laying on Camden who is laying on Chris who is in Lucy's chair!


Gannon keeping everyone laughing!!!




All my favorite kids!



Yes, she is following along perfectly, while smiling!!



So chris was having a tea party with gan and lu and somehow Chris ended up with a golf ball in his real coffee cup!



Taking out my NEW golf clubs!!! SO fuN!!!



2 comments:

  1. i love seeing all your pics! when do you get in for your mom's surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! We wish you were still here! I love the pic of Chris in his boots. Is he wearing them much? They look great with his shorts!

    ReplyDelete