Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Busy Being Aunt Fave!

Over the past couple of weeks I was visiting Sarah and Adam in Texas as they welcomed baby #2, Lola Caroline Nuse!  She was born on Dec 7th and she is precious and perfect!!!
I am known as "Fave" (thanks to Liz Ormsby who I stole this idea from!) to my neice and nephew and I must say that really beats being called Aunt Megan!!!  I spent the week with Adam, Sarah, Lucy, Lola and my parents were both there as well!
I was lucky enough to be at the hospital as Adam came out to announce..."It's a Girl!!!"  There is nothing else like that moment of not knowing the sex of the baby and then the big surprise/shock of finding out!  I was sure it was a boy, but clearly I was wrong!  I now can't imagine life without little Lola!
Mom and baby are both happy and healthy!  Lucy is in love with her little sister and gives her kisses all the time!
For all of you moms...WAY TO GO!!!  Not being a mom myself, it is magical to see my sister in action!  The amount of love that she gives to her girls is amazing!  Not to mention how hard moms work to keep life happy and wonderful for their kids!  It really is incredible!!!  I can't believe there are not more holidays for Moms!!!!
I just arrived back in Ormond Beach yesterday and Chris and I are headed out this weekend for Ryan Molchan's wedding in New Jersey!  Chris will look so cute in his tux and I can't wait to dance with him!  We will have an early Christmas with the Reilly's which is a special treat because we usually have to switch every other holiday, but with the wedding this weekend in New Jersey we are able to have had Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations with Chris' family!!
Once we get back to Ormond after the New Jersey wedding we are driving to Corpus Christi for Christmas with my family!  Since Sarah just had Lola we are having Christmas in Corpus so we can all be together!  Our family keeps growing and at this rate we are going to have to invest in an air mattress company!!!
We are driving to Corpus which means we will be able to bring Diddy with us!!  Camden and Wrigley (Nuse's dog) get along really well and will have a blast together!

Totally unrelated to this post...my mom got me a shirt that said "I'm busy...check my blog!"  It made me laugh becuase I am not a big phone talker and since I live away from EVERYONE I really do love checking other's blogs and I love knowing that my friends and family are up to date with our life!  So for anyone who is reading this who I have not talked to in a while, just know that I really like keeping up with you and I love that we are still connected!! 

Here are some fun pics from time with the Nuese!


LUCY CAROLINE NUSE
12/7/09
7LBS 5 OZ   19.5"


I HOPE I LOOK LIKE THIS A FEW HOURS AFTER DELIVERY!!!





LUCY KISSIN LOLA
LUCY LOOKS TICKED, BUT WE WERE HAVING
A BLAST DOING ALLIGATOR IN THE HOSPITAL! (AT LEAST I WAS!!)


A FUN NEW TOY FOR LUCY!  I HAD NO CLUE CUTTING THE HOLES OUT WOULD BE SUCH A BIG HIT!  THE BEST PART WAS THEN LUCY WAS PASSING OUT KISSES THROUGH THE HOLES!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW - Either I am a bigtime looser or you are a great writer - your blog made me cry. Thank you for the time you spent with us. No words can desribe our love for Aunt Fave and the time you spent with us being so magical. I love watching you with the girls - especially Lucy - your connection with her is unlike any other. I can't wait for you to come back...in a few days. Enjoy NJ! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete