We had the best time over Thanksgiving holiday as we welcomed Chris' parents and sister and brother-in-law into town! Tom, Elaine, Beth and Ryan were gracious guests and we had a blast with them! We all cooked together in the kitchen on Wednesday, listening to music, sipping wine and just catching up. We got the desserts and some other basics for Thanksgiving prepared and Ryan and Tom made us the best Chicken Marsala and Rice and Peas...I think it is safe to say that is one of Tom's specialty and it has become a family recipe that will be passed on!! Thursday we watched the Macy's Parade and then headed to the beach! It's pretty awesome to go to the beach on Thanksgiving! We also toured Daytona State's baseball facilities and then went back home to start eating. We had Thanksgiving dinner around 5:30pm and then played Apples to Apples and pretty much laughed the entire time! I highly recommend that game! We said goodbye to the Gearys on Friday and then we all pretty much crashed back at the house (I know I sure crashed, who knew so much cooking would be so tiring).
For my first time hosting Thanksgiving I think everything went pretty well! The turkey was great thanks to some help from a co-worker of Chris' who told me how to brine a turkey, it made a huge difference! We are of course still eating left overs and will probably still be in 2 months!
The week went by too quickly buy it was wonderful! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Time to gear up for Christmas!
Our trip to the beach on Thanksgiving!
Here is LeRoy before we cooked him! That's the name I gave our Turkey...is that weird?
Here is our Thanksgiving Table! I clearly went for a non-traditional Thanksgiving theme..Purple Sparkle!
Beth and Elaine helping out at usual in the kitchen! I don't know how many dished Elaine did over the week, but it was such a huge help!
I swear I didn't make Elaine do the dishes the entire time!
Game time! It was such a blast and I got some great action pics of everyone cracking up at Ryan's hilarious comment!
I love the picture with you holding the turkey! What a fun week it looked like! I know you were the most amazing host! Cant wait to come back for a visit! Love you girl! BTW i like your new background!
ReplyDelete