So I have always wanted a really bold color front door! I mean really bold! So we move into this gray brick house with no shutters and no wow factor at least from the street. Ahh Perfect! I can go for my bold front door! Well, I have gained some confidence on the colors that I have picked out in the past so I just went for it with the front door! I wanted a fuschia door because I had seen a cool one before and still think about it to this day. After looking at about 20 colors I choose - Majestic Orchid! I mean it sounds pretty right?!
So Chris puts the first coat up and honestly I don't know if any other man would continue to paint based on the color the door was with the first coat of paint...I mean hot pink! It gets better with the 2nd coat and finally matches the paint chip with the third coat.
Now since finishing the front door about a week ago and I am still not so sure I can handle this bold door! What sent me over the edge was the cable guy joking about walking in the Barney door!!!!! Go ahead you can laugh!!! Little shrimp wouldn't know good taste if it came up and wripped his ugly little camo baseball hat off!!!!
Anyways, I wanted to show you want it looks like! We are far from being finished as far as a bigger outdoor entry rug, landscaping and outdoor light. I don't want to re-paint until I add the rest of the touches to see if it helps me like this crazy bold barney door! PS If you come to our house and call it a Barney door in front of Chris I will kick you back out the Barney door! Just kidding!!!!
We can't wait for visitors!!! We aren't too proud to beg!!!
Love it! Cant wait to walk through that Barney door in a few weeks!
ReplyDelete