As I mentioned in my last post, I am married to the greatest man in the world. From the minute the craziness of us moving was set into motion Chris has been absolutely unbelievable in the midst of high stress, packing a house, dealing with a frustrating mortgage company and a hormonal wife, and uncertainty with whether or not we would be able to get our house. So even before we stepped foot in our new house he has been supportive, loving and just a great man.
Then we move into a 1980's fixer upper during his busiest time of the year and he continues to blow my mind. During the fall months Chris' alarm goes off around 4am and he's at the field by 5am then he comes home by 6pm if possible. In the past couple of years he would come home at 6pm to a home cooked dinner and then we would be able to pretty much do what we wanted until he went to bed early so he could be ready for the 4am wake up time. However, NOW he comes home to spaghetti (if he's lucky) and then a huge list of To Do's on the house. Harper's room was our number one priority and that includes, painting, laying flooring, hanging and customizing 4 new closet doors, painting base board, creating a closet system for her, etc and that is all just for Harper's room. Just to clarify, I'm not waiting at home with a list for him to complete; I am really not pushing him to do anything, but just with the fact that Harper is arriving sometime in the next 14 days we both are feeling the push to want to get as much done on the house as possible.
So bottom line is Chris is working from 5am until about 10pm everyday, he is not complaining and has done some awesome things already to this house! I am doing as much as I can and together we have accomplished a ton in two weeks, but I am just in awe of how wonderful Chris is.
So far the projects we have done:
Harpers room - paint walls and base boards, install shoe molding, new floors, paint, customize and install new closet doors, install closet organizer, assemble crib, set up closet, clothes, etc.
The rest of the house - paint great room, clean gutters, buy and use lawn tractor for the first time (super fun!), frame in a new wall, unpack all but about 7 boxes, trim trees...I'm sure I'm missing something.
The projects we are considering completion before Harper's arrival:
new flooring in great room, paint fireplace, hang swing (this is a must!), install crown molding in great room, and the list could go on, but I think we will have to be realistic about what can be done!
I just feel so lucky to be married to Chris and I am so happy for Harper to have a dad like Chris. I adore Chris and love nothing more than being with him. Everyday I look forward to hearing his car drive up to the house and before I know it, that will be Harper's favorite thing to hear too!
He is an amazing guy! You summed it up - my favorite thing is when Adam pulls up into our drive too! You are a lucky lady - give yourself credit too - you have worked so hard!
ReplyDelete