

Being a coach is certainly not a typical job. Chris' hours, schedule, work attire, work culture is so different from the typical corporate or 9-5 job. Most days he puts in 10-12 hours of work, most weeks are 6 day weeks and I don't remember the last time I saw Chris wearing a tie. His office is in a field house and is steps away from a batting cage and the baseball field.
Chris gives everything he has to coaching and his players and fellow coaches. He loves what he does and although I am biased he is really great at what he does! He is the pitching coach and recruiting coordinator so basically he coaches with the pitching staff and also leads the recruiting of high school players.
One of the things I am most amazed by is how much time and energy Chris puts into learning, researching and studying the game, other teams, other coaches, etc. He is hungry for knowledge even after nearly 6 years of coaching and is never stagnant with his views or coaching style.
I am proud of Chris, his work ethic and his accomplishments (which I would love to go in to, but in case he ever checks this blog I am going to hold myself back so he doesn't kill me for bragging any more on him). He is just the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment