Friday, February 4, 2011

All over the place!

Do you ever have a day or two where you have really great things happen and then really crappy things happen leaving you feeling confused about what in the heck is going on?!

So on Monday I was having just a bad day...not a big deal, but just little things here and there were not going well. Finally, I decided about 5:30pm I had to get out of my home office and take Diddy on a bike ride. Diddy and I have been on countless bike rides and she and I LOVE them! Bike rides are awesome and always make me feel great! So we were heading back home and as we turned down our street, my phone dings with an email message. So as I am riding my bike, holding Camden's leash I started reaching for my phone...go ahead and call me an idiot!!! Next thing I know Camden sees a squirrel and I am laid out on the sidewalk!! I crack up now thinking about how ridiculous I looked! As I am laying on the ground I look up to see to neighbors staring at me in disbelief! "Are you alright?" I play it cool and say yes even though my leg and foot were stinging and burning! I get back on my bike and pedal away...oh wait my chain came off my bike so instead I walk my gimp leg, bike and unruly dog back home. I ended up with a ripped pair of jeans (my favorite and best jeans :( ) a skinned knee, foot and toes. I call it a road rash - Chris calls me a wuss!

So the next day was my 28th birthday! I woke up to the smell of pancakes and my sweet hubby brought me in heart shaped pancakes and on the pancake was the number 28 written in M&Ms! Yes I am a candy junkie! I had the best lunch with Chris at Ocean Deck, one of our favorite spots right on the ocean! It was delicious and beautiful! While the rest of the country was getting record ice and snowfall we were gazing at the ocean!!

I am feeling great at this point and then I am about 2 blocks from my house and take off my seat belt and get pulled over for not wearing it! I always wear my seat belt and it was random that I took it off early, but honestly what kind of a jerk gives someone a ticket on their birthday for not wearing a seat belt! I was so nice to him at first and actually thanked him for being on the street because people are always speeding...a lot of good that did! Now I wish I would have told him he is a loser and should be spending his time giving tickets to people who are more deserving than me!

Then I remembered the guy who offered Chris and I weed as we were sitting at a stop light on our way to lunch! That guy probably did not get a ticket on February 1st, but this dangerous criminal did!!! What a crock!!!


2 comments:

  1. That is so rude! I've never gotten a ticket (knock on wood!) but one time ON OUR WAY TO CHURCH I got pulled over because my PIKEpass wasn't on my dashboard (because it fell off because those stickies are lame)and the policeman was rude! I just kinda felt like he thought I was trying to get out of paying?! Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are hysterical - we're laughing so hard right now - with you of course!

    ReplyDelete