Friday, February 19, 2010

Fun with Fam and Friends

I got back in town on Sunday from one of my oldest friends, Ryan Craft's wedding.  He married an awesome girl, Lauren Flynn in South Bend on the 13th.  I was really bummed to be dateless, but I knew when the wedding was set for during the season I had no shot of bringing Chris with me.
It was such a fun weekend for lots of different reasons.  I was able to visit my best friend, Jen McElroy in Chicago and check out her and her hubby's new home.  Jen has impeccable taste and she did a great job with making her apt feel like their home.  Jen, Dan and I had a great time catching up on Thursday night and I really love spending time in any big city (I think in my next life I will live in Chicago or Manhattan).
Anyway, the rest of Jen's family came in town and we all made the drive on Friday to South Bend.  The whole weekend was beautiful and part of the celebration was at the college football hall of fame so I was able to channel some Sooner Love which was awesome (maybe it was a good thing that Chris and I weren't there together after all)!
It was basically a high school reunion for me.  It was interesting to see tons of old people from high school.  I was amazed at how some people were exactly the same and then how others were completely different.  It is really hard to believe that I am 1 year away from my 10 year reunion for high school.  How did that happen so fast?
Jen, Dan, Liz, Kate and Terry and I did a lot of dancing and my feet were sore for about 2 days because of course I will not take off my high heels no matter how bad my feet hurt or no matter how much taller I am then EVERYONE else!
The weekend ended with a baby shower for Kate McElroy who is another one of my best friends and is the sister to Jen McElroy (they married brothers which is why they have the same last name even though they are both married...no it is not incest!)  It was so great to be a part of the celebration for Kate, Terry and Baby Ella!
The best thing about the weekend was coming home to Chris!  I missed him so much and I was looking forward to a couple of weeks without traveling!  Work has been busy because we are ordering recital costumes for our students and we are working on a new franchising system so Sarah and I are busy!
Baseball season is in full effect.  It has been rough since the 2-0 start, but they have no started conference play so hopefully they will turn it around.  Let me just say these 18 year old boys have no clue how lucky they are to have a coach like Chris who is so dedicated to them.  He is so committed to them and really wants to help improve their ability and help them mature and anyone would be lucky to have Chris as their coach!  I am not biased at all!

So my camera is still broken and I haven't taken it to get fixed, but I do have a video that Hiney (Adam, Sarah's hubby) sent to us.  This is a video of Lucy saying Uncle which is one of Chris' nicknames.  I hate the idea of Uncle Chris or Aunt Megan, so I don't know how he now has that as his name.  Oh well, when you see this video you will see why we keep up with the Uncle nickname!  As a side note for those of you who don't know Chris played for the Baltimore Orioles and that is the hat Lucy is wearing.
...Wait can someone tell me how to post a video?  Sorry, I can't figure it out!






1 comment:

  1. You are so funny! Loved your post! It will be so nice to not travel for a while! Yeah for Ormand Beach and your own bed!

    ReplyDelete