Thursday, February 10, 2011

SHARK TANK!!!!

Finally after 6 long months of holding this secret in we can finally scream it from the mountain tops...or from the beaches :)

We had been fans of the show the first season and casually my brother in law Adam sent in an email telling them about Tippi Toes during the spring of 2010. Well, we were contacted back in late August about starting the selection process to appear on Shark Tank which is a business reality show that airs on ABC. We started a grueling paperwork process and video submission process. We kept being so excited as we would make it to the next round of qualification. There were 55,000 applicants so we felt like our chances were slim, but we thought...why not try?!!!
The month of October was so intense!!! We knew we were close to making the show, but still didn't know for sure. They finally told us for sure the before we were supposed to board a plane headed for LAX!! The suspense at the time felt lethal, but looking back it made it so much fun!!
We were put up in a fancy hotel near UCLA and were in LA from Thursday until Tuesday. We worked so much preparing, but we also managed to squeeze in a Laker's game, a drive to Santa Monica, shopping and house gawking in beverly hills!!! So fun!!!
On the day of shooting we had some time with hair and make up and we were on the Sony lot which Adam Sandler was also on at the same time (I never saw him though).
We met some fascinating entrepreneurs and made some great new friends who were also in the Shark Tank running!
Being in the Shark Tank was thrilling, overwhelming, terrifying, surreal!! The Sharks are not what I would call warm and they are not there to be kind - only to make money. You will have to watch to see what happened when we were in the tank!
After leaving LA we were told that they filmed 100 of us and that only a fraction would actually be aired on the show. Well we just found out that we have been selected and that on April 15th at 8pm CST our time in the Shark Tank will be aired!!!
We are having watch parties all over the country so hopefully all of our family and friends will watch together across the country!!!

Sarah and I have had so much support along the way from family and friends and we are grateful for that!! Regardless of the outcome we are still loving Tippi Toes and the fact that this is my job is always astounding to me!! I believe in what Tippi Toes offers. I am challenged by our job. I never feel like I am working and I think I might be addicted to my job!

1 comment: